Uploading WAEC results has become necessary and important, and a lot of candidates have questions like steps to upload their result when the deadline for uploading is and the likes. If you are one of the candidates searching for answers, then you are not alone.
In this article, you will get answers to all your questions and get all the information you need concerning the steps involved in uploading your WAEC results on the Jamb site. First, let’s talk about WAEC.
A little about WAEC
WAEC, it’s a large-scale exam conducted in West Africa, and that’s how it’s named the West Africa Examination Council. It is intended for English-speaking West African countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, and so on.
The examination was introduced to maintain a high level of education, sustainable academic excellence, and human development. We want to assume not everyone knows who is eligible to sit for WAEC so we’ll talk about it.
WAEC is an external examination, and it’s meant for secondary school students who are ready to leave or graduate from secondary school. And the academic school-leaving certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the examinations.
To gain admission into the next level of education which is a university, WAEC is important, and so is Jamb. Now, that leads us to expatiate.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board is a Nigeria-based entrance exam board for students aspiring to be a part of tertiary-level institutions.
This board has the responsibility of conducting UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) for aspiring undergraduates into Nigerian universities, polytechnics, and colleges of educations. All of these candidates must have obtained the WAEC or other examinations that can substitute for it, like NECO.
In other words, to be a qualified candidate, you must sit for both WAEC and jamb, because they are both required in the admission process. Also note that years before now, the JAMB examination has always been PPT, that is, paper-pencil test, but recently, technology has taken over the world, and jamb is not left out.
All exams are being conducted online, meaning they are now computer-based (CBT). The various locations and centers approved by jamb for the registration and writing of the UTME exam can be found across the 36 states in the country, not excluding the federal capital territory.
Now, let’s look at what the jamb portal is and how results can be uploaded.
Jamb portal and uploading WAEC result
The world is moving so fast to the point that, almost everything is now online, including the jamb matriculation board.
The Jamb portal is a resource that serves multiple purposes particularly, checking your results yourself, and even printing them out for official purposes. Like a popular saying “it is easier said than done”, most people only know that these things can be done online, but do not know exactly how it is being done.
As simple as it is, it might be quite stressful and a little difficult for a candidate with no prior knowledge about how to carry out these actions, but this article would take you through the step-by-step procedure of uploading your WAEC result on your Jamb portal.
Step by step procedure
- First, know that every candidate is expected to have his or her profile, without a profile, it’s impossible to upload. So first, visit the official website at www.jamb.org.ng to create a profile if you are yet to do so. You are expected to provide personal information; name, date of birth, email address, place of origin. Now that you have an account, you can proceed to upload your result on the portal.
- After creating an account, you are expected to scan your result, and then open the jamb portal on your phone or system, login to your profile by providing your name and password used when registering for jamb.
- Upload the WAEC result on the account you have opened by clicking on “upload O level result” and then click on submit. Make sure you have saved the data on your profile page.
- After the first 3 steps have been completed, the process of uploading will be activated.
- If you have more than one result to upload, specify the number of sessions and add the results for each. Also, note that this is the same process to follow to upload your other results; NABTEB and NECO results
P:S Your jamb profile code is needed to upload your O’level result on the jamb portal, that is the code sent to you during your registration process. Just in case you cannot access your profile code, you can get it back either by;
- checking the printout given to you at the bank when you paid for your jamb E-pin, or
- send “RESEND” to 55109 through the same line you used to register for the exam
Is there deadline for uploading O’ level result on Jamb portal?
Though jamb has not given a deadline for the uploading of results, they expect all aspirants to upload their results before schools can consider them for admission, meaning the uploading of results will end before the deadline of admission. Although, it still depends on schools, as admission into schools is not always the same time. So, we will advise that you upload your results as soon as you can to avoid delayed admission or no admission at all.
How do I know my result has been uploaded?
That’s quite simple, just;
- Login to your jamb profile, I believe by now you know what that means. If not, scroll up and check.
- Click on ‘check admission status’
- Then click on ‘access my CAPS’
- Click on ‘my O’ level result’ to check and confirm that your result has been uploaded. If not, visit the nearest JAMB accredited center to upload your result. Note that, admission would not be processed for candidates whose O’level status in CAPS is showing ‘awaiting result’
Having provided all the necessary information needed concerning WAEC, JAMB, and uploading your result on the jamb portal, kindly reach out if any problem is encountered.