Gardiner Scholarship Application 2021/2022 – Apply for this year Special Needs Scholarship 2021-22. The application form is available at the Gardiner scholarship application portal – www.stepupforstudents.org/. This is a Family Empowerment Scholarship (formerly Gardiner) that allows parents to personalize the education of their children with unique abilities by directing money toward a combination of programs and approved providers.
In this article, you will read the complete information on the Gardiner Scholarship Application. You will learn about the Gardiner Scholarship and its benefits, brief history, academic and other requirements. You will also get information about the host institutions, level and field of study, number of awards, target group, as well as value and inclusions.
Still, in this article, we will provide you will detail on the application portal, steps to apply for the scholarship, how you can log in, the deadline for application, acceptance rate, phone number, as well as past winners.
About Gardiner Scholarship Program and Benefits
The Gardiner Scholarship Program is a financial aid scheme that was founded by the Step Up For Students Organization to help parents in personalizing an education plan for their children with disabilities.
The scholarship program provides parents with an opportunity to individualize their children unique skills by channelling funds towards certain programs and approved providers which helps to shape a better future for them.
These programs and providers include; specialists, schools, curriculum, therapists, and technology.
Gardiner Scholarship History
The Gardiner Scholarship Program was founded in 2014 to offer assistant to parents who have children with special needs and studying in Florida State. It is a special program for children with disabilities and it operates differently from other scholarship programs.
Gardiner Scholarship Academic and Other Requirements
Below are the eligibility requirements for the Gardiner Scholarship Program
- Students must be studying in Florida State and United States citizens.
- Students must not be younger than 3 years or older than 4 years before 1st September.
- Students must not be older than 22 years.
- Student must have been diagnosed with any of the following;
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Being a high-risk child
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down syndrome
- Emotional or a behavioral disability
- Hearing impairment, including deafness
- Hospital or homebound
- Identification as dual sensory impaired
- Intellectual disability
- Language impairment
- Muscular dystrophy
- Orthopedic impairment
- Other health impairment
- Phelan-McDermid syndrome
- Prader-Willi syndrome
- Rare diseases
- Specific learning disability
- Speech impairment
- Spina bifida
- Traumatic brain injury
- Visual impairment, including blindness
- Williams syndrome
- Students that are entering kindergarten must not be older than 5 years before 1st September.
- Students that are entering first grade must not be older than 6 years before 1st September.
Gardiner Scholarship Host Institutions
The Gardiner Scholarship Program provides parents with an opportunity to individualize their children with unique skills by channeling funds towards certain programs and approved providers in Florida State which helps to shape a better future for them. These programs and providers include; specialists, schools, curriculum, therapists, and technology.
You can see a complete list of programs and providers here. https://www.stepupforstudents.org/for-parents/special-needs/how-to-find-a-gardiner-provider/
Level/Field of Study:
The Gardiner Scholarship is open for students in Florida State that are between the age of 3 years to 22 years or through 12th grade depending on which one comes first. There are no specific field of study as students are allowed to go through any suitable study.
Number of Awards:
The Gardiner Scholarship Program gives eligible students a scholarship award that enable them to purchase approved products and services.
This special scholarship program helps parents to met the personal educational needs of their eligible children in a better way that greatly shapes the child’s future.
The Gardiner Scholarship Program is for students with special needs who are studying in Florida State nd are between the age of 3 years to 22 years or through 12th grade depending on which one comes first.
The scholarship amount a student receives is determined by several factors including county of residence, individual level of student’s need, and grade level. This is prorated based on when the student was found eligible.
- Students that were received on or before 1st August and were declared eligible on or before 1st September get 100%
- Students that were received on or before 1st October and were declared eligible on or before 1st November get 75%
- Students that were received on or before 1st January and were declared eligible on or before 1st February get 50%
- Students that were received on or before 1st March and were declared eligible on or before 1st April get 100%
See more on the amount as stated here; https://worldscholarshipforum.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/gardiner-scholarship.pdf
Gardiner Scholarship Application Portal
The application process for the Gardiner Scholarship is done through the Gardiner Scholarship Application Portal.
The Gardiner Scholarship board processes applications based on first-come, first-served. Award of scholarship to students is done based on the time and date the student was found eligible. The link to the Gardiner Scholarship Application portal is here. https://www.stepupforstudents.org/logins/special-needs-login/
Steps to Apply For the Gardiner Scholarship
Students can register or renew their application for the Gardiner Scholarship by visiting the Gardiner Scholarship Portal.
For steps on how to apply, read below;
- On your web browser, visit: https://www.stepupforstudents.org/logins/special-needs-login/
- Scroll down to ‘New Students’ block and click on ‘Apply’.
- Follow the instructions and fill in all required field and submit.
How to Login to the Gardiner Scholarship Portal
Parents or families whose child or children had been awarded the Gardiner Scholarship in 2020 can renew the application for the 2021 year by login to their account with the old username and password. You can also login to your account to make modifications.
For steps to renew or login, read below.
- On your website browser, visit: https://www.stepupforstudents.org/logins/special-needs-login/
- Scroll down to ‘Renewal Students’ block and click on ‘Login/Apply’.
- Insert Username and Password.
- Click on Login/Apply when you are done.
- Follow instructions and fill in all required filed to renew and submit, or make modifications as you desire.
Gardiner Scholarship Deadline For Application
Parents are advised to submit applications for their children on or before 30th June of each year, those who submitted before the above-stated deadline will be given funding priority.
Gardiner Scholarship Acceptance Rate
The Gardiner Scholarship offers scholarship to students with special needs who are schooling in Florida State. Acceptance is based on several factors listed above and eligibility status of the student.
Contact Phone Number:
If you have any enquiry to make regarding the Gardiner Scholarship Program, you can call them through the Contact Center at 877 – 735 – 7837.
Gardiner Scholarship Winners
Over 17,446 students have been awarded the Gardiner Scholarship in Florida State since when it was created and not less than $170,000,000 has been spent on scholarships with more than 7,000 participating providers.