Davis Putter Scholarship Application 2022 – davisputter.org. Are you a student activist? If yes, apply for Davis-Putter scholarship fund for student activists 2022. See the scholarship details, requirements and how to apply.
About: Davis-Putter Scholarship award supports students who are actively working to fight against racism, sexism, homophobia, and other forms of oppression and help in building the movement for economic justice; and creating peace through international, anti-imperialist solidarity.
Host Institution: Witman College
Level of Study: Graduates and undergraduates
Field of Study: Any Field
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Target Group: Graduates and Undergraduates students who are able to do academic work at the college or university level or are enrolled in a trade or technical program and who are active in the progressive movement.
Scholarship Value and Inclusions: The maximum grant is $10,000 and maybe considerably smaller depending on the applicant’s circumstances and the amount of funding available. Up to $15,000 per year and the total dollars awarded for this scholarship is $60,000. Grants are disbursed to cover each separate semester, quarter or term during which the grantee is attending school. The funds depend generally on donations from people
Acceptance Rate: Not Stated
Davis-Putter scholarship requirements:
- Currently living in the U.S and plans to enroll in a college, university, or graduate school in the U.S., for credit, in order to apply
- Graduate and undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited school
- Plan to remain in the U.S. and continue their project/movement
- Must actively participate in struggles for civil rights, economic justice, international solidarity or other progressive issues
Application Portal: http://www.davisputter.org/about/contact-us/
How To Apply:
- Completed application form online
- Personal statement with 1,000 words and should include your aims and activities, your own specific involvement and experience with progressive social activity
- Letters of recommendation from two individuals. it could be from university faculty or advisors, activists, organizational leaders, politicians or others.
- Transcripts of all previous academic work
- Upload a copy of Student Aid Report (SAR) and if it is not available, the Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) should be submitted with the application and the SAR sent immediately upon receipt
- Provide your living expenses for 12 months
Contact: 509-527-5111, 509-527-5176
Davis Putter Scholarship Deadline: January 2022 – April 2022